Saturday 31 December 2011

Painting Pink Horrors

Step 1.

Paint the whole model pink. I used Squid Pink due to GW no longer producing Tenticle Pink.

Step 2.

Use a heavy wash of Baal Red wash. Make sure the wash gets in all of the cracks. I left mine to dry for about two hours.

Step 3.

Paint the details on the model. For these, I used Bonewhite for the claws and teeth and Hormagaunt Purple for the tongue.

Step 4.

Once the model is dry it is time to base it. I use a fairly time intensive process for this. If you have a better method please do use that instead. I first coat the base in Calthan brown. I then dip this in slate for model railways which I purchased from my local modelling shop. This is then left to dry for two hours. I am sure you can leave it less time, but I like this to be totally dry for the next stage.


Step 5.

After it is totally dry I then apply a watered down layer of PVA glue over the whole base. Allow all the excess glue and water to drain off. This should be left an hour to partially dry before the next stage. The reason I do this is because in the past I have had bad experiences of the basing coming off models.


Step 6.

The final stage, apply small amounts of static grass to the base. I find this is best to apply once the glue is partially dry so that the grass doesn’t move around too much. I then left this overnight, as the PVA takes around eight hours to totally dry.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment